1. Switch to low wattage or compact fluorescent light bulbs.
2. Share magazines and books with Friends (Check out BOOKMOOCH )
3. Reuse glass jars as vases, makeup brush storage or home decor (Just add a touch of YOU)
4. Give up the T.V. for an extra hour a day ... more on weekends & get OUTSIDE!
5. Use cloth towels instead of paper.
6. Bike or use public transportation to work as much as possible.
7. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth or while soaping up in the shower.
8. Leave the cleansers with Micro Bursting Beads at the store. The beads are not biodegradable and end up in our lakes and streams. Bad for fish, bad for water, bad for US!
9. Brown bag your weekday lunch.
11. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
12. Toss coffee grounds in the garden. No garden? Give them to a neighbor that does!
13. Bring your own bag - not just for grocery shopping!
14. Open windows instead of running the AC.
15. Before leaving the house, make a quick run through to make sure everything is turned off.
16. Be sure to set your thermostats to turn down or off while you're not home and schedule them to turn on an hour before you're due back.
17. Use reusable containers.
18. Go solar where you can or buy solar made products.
19. Stop phone book delivery if you haven't already.
20. Use a reusable water bottle.
21. Recycle your old electronics. Do this responsibly!! Contact a reputable company that deals in electronic recycling. Check your City and County as well, sometimes they have a "Cleanup" schedule.
22. Eat Organic when possible.
23. Use organic skin care and makeup products.
24. Wrap gifts in materials you have around the house.
25. Shop flea markets and small business ... Support local Artisans.
26. Support your local Farmers Market.
27. Call you utility company for a free energy audit.
28. Replace old toilets & appliances with energy saving models (Plus you may qualify for tax incentives or rebates)
29. Wash laundry with cold water & line dry (And it makes them smell so good!)
30. Eat fruit and Veggies that are in season.
31. Start your own compost.
32. Group errands together to avoid making multiple trips throughout the week.
33. Try to shorten your shower by 5 minutes.
34. Plant a tree, or donate to an organization that will plant one for you. (Check online for local organizations)
35. Plant a garden ... and don't forget your own veggies!
36. Make your own non-toxic household cleansers using vinegar, lemon and essential oils.
37. Choose an Ice Cream cone over a cup.
38. Use organic soy candles.
39. Volunteer at a local organic farm.
40. Shop consignment shops, thrift stores and garage sales for those awesome one-of-a-kind items.
41. Swap to e-statements.
42. Buy rechargeable batteries.
43. Use an Eco-friendly dry cleaner.
44. Use scrap paper for desk notes.
45. Bring your own mug to the coffee shop.
46. Use electronic invitations for your next get together.
47. Unplug appliances when not in use.
48. Print on both sides of the paper.
49. Carpool when going out with friends and family.
50. Shop LOCAL boutiques & shops before going online! (Saves on shipping materials)
Well, these are just a few ways you can help Green Your Spring. Let me know below if you have any additional tips! Happy Early Spring!