Pages

March 9, 2014

Colgate® Optic White™ Toothbrush + Built-In Whitening Pen #BrushWhitenGO - Final Thoughts

It has now been a total of 8 days using my Colgate® Optic White™ Toothbrush + Built-In Whitening Pen, and I seriously can't believe me eyes!!  I had tried whitening toothpastes before with not much change, but was never willing to invest in whitening strips and definitely not ready to throw down a couple hundred dollars to get it done professionally.  So when I received my voxbox from Influenster for testing purposes, I do have to admit, secretly, I was a bit skeptical.


You would think that it would be messy or complicated, possibly even wondering if you have to sit there with your mouth hanging open while the gel sets ... NOPE!  It's very simple, however, it does add a couple extra minutes to your routine until you get the hang of it.



The Brush itself is pretty typical.  It has the different size & length bristles that you find in most toothbrushes these days, but if you look close, those white bristles are actually a rubber/silicone like material.  While the brush was slightly harder than I'm used to, it definitely did the job.

STEP 1:  BRUSH  Brush as you normally would with your regular toothpaste (There is an Optic White toothpaste as well, might as well keep the set together).  The Colgate® Optic White™ Toothbrush is specially designed with polishing bristles and stain removers to help remove those tough surface stains. 



The Whitening Pen is just that.  A gel filled pen.  The gel itself is not bad, it goes on smoothly, does not clump (Tip...remember to take a break & swallow or your mouth starts to water and makes application more difficult), adheres quickly and the taste is pleasant.  Just a twist of the base and the gel comes up through the top and you simply rub it on your teeth. 

STEP 2:  WHITEN  Turn the dial at the bottom of the whitening pen and apply the gel.  It takes only seconds to apply and adhere to your teeth.  No waiting, no rinsing.




STEP 3:  GO  Store the pen inside the brush.

After speaking with a representative at Colgate, there are no plans to offer the gel pen separately from the toothbrush. Each pen should last 6-8 weeks if used as directed, and the ADA recommends changing your toothbrush every 3-4 months or sooner if bristles become frayed.  I suppose the timing could work out...if you replace early and stretch the gel out.  The system retails somewhere around $15.00.



All in all, I'm impressed with the results.  I also believe this is a great alternative to the more expensive products and services out there especially for the budget conscious, and in just 8 days my teeth have in fact whitened at least 2 shades!  I'm extremely happy with the results and have even bought additional Optic White toothpaste.    I plan to keep up on the whitening and have become a convert to Colgate.  I like the new look, and besides, you only get one set of teeth.  #BrushWhitenGO


Let me know your thoughts on whitening products.  Have you tried the Colgate® Optic White™ line?




XOXO,




No comments:

Post a Comment