Pages

February 6, 2014

My Celestial Seasonings Green Tea Experience

I have never been a Tea drinking kind of girl.  I have tried a few brands here and there.  But Soda was my first choice and coffee (Starbucks) my second.  Of course I had tried the "in everybody's kitchen" Lipton brand and I happened along an Arnold Palmer in New Mexico.  Which, by the way, is not as good when it comes in a carton.

Recently I was sent the Celestial Seasonings #ArtofGreenTea VoxBox compliments of  Influenster for testing purposes.  I was originally sent 2 different flavors to taste as well as a coupon for a free full size box of any Green Tea flavor.  After trying the samples I was given I quickly grabbed that coupon and ran to the grocery store.  I picked up my free box and 4 others with it.  The Sleepytime Lemon Jasmine is my new favorite ... so far.

As I get older, I'm starting to look for new ways to incorporate healthy living into my daily routine.  I'm trying to cut down on the amount of caffeine which mans cutting back on my coffee and I am trying to watch my weight as well, so the soda has to hit the road.  Celestial Seasonings tea is a great alternative.  They have both Caffeinated and Decaf varieties to choose from, also with added Antioxidant benefits, and remember they are 100% Natural Teas.




Sleepytime Decaf Lemon Jasmine Green Tea
Like I had mentioned before this is my favorite so far.  I like the idea that it's a great element to add to your before bed routine.  A nice cup of warm tea with relaxing herbs to help you wind down.  You can definitely taste the lemon and the the smell and taste of the Jasmine is very pleasant. And don't forget it has the signature Sleepytime bear.

Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea
This is my go to tea at work.  It has a great flavor and a slight kick to it.  This is not a Decaf tea.  I used to avoid drinks with Ginseng in them, it was just a personal preference, however, I love this one.  You taste the lemon and the honey (just add a little more for a sweeter taste).  It's also blended with White Tea and according to their website it is Bai Mu Dan, which is "one of the rarest and youngest teas".

Decaf Mandarin Orchard Green Tea
This is another blended with Bai Mu Dan White tea.  It does have a smooth taste to it and definitely has the citrus taste of Mandarin Oranges. My children love this flavor.  They have started asking for Mandarin tea instead of Kool-Aid!

Decaf Mint Green Tea
Add a little sweetener and you have Spearmint flavored tea.  I thought I would give this one a try.  I am not a huge mint lover.  I don't even really like those little mints you get at restaurants.  It's very invigorating, strong mint taste for me.  I myself did have to add a little bit of honey.  Also blended with Bai Mu Dan White Tea.  If you like mint, you will love this tea!


All in all I believe Celestial Seasonings has a new convert!!  I have found a great tasting beverage that is better for me than so many other choices out there.  I know there are many other brands out there, however, being a Colorado Native and Celestial Seasonings being in Boulder, CO.  I think I'll stay keep buying local. Plus, it's brought my children and I together, we now have "Family Enjoyment Time".  We sit down and have a nice warm cup of tea and discuss our day.  I am planning on making a trip to their facility for a tour soon, and this weekend will be a "Tea Search" mission.  There a number of flavors I'm dying to try**!

For those that look into nutritional information, they list everything on their website along with their Product Safety Assurance.

OTHER FLAVORS AVAILABLE:
Antioxidant Green Tea
Authentic Green Tea
Decaf Green Tea
Peach Blossom Green Tea**
Pomegranate Green Tea**
Raspberry Gardens Green Tea**
Sleepytime Decaf Blackberry Pomegranate Green Tea**







No comments:

Post a Comment